Category Archives: Bookworm


Dec 2017

Looking back at books I have read in the last few years. Princess: More Tears To Cry by Jean Sasson was one of the few books that made me cry at times for all these women mentioned in the book. Once again I find myself drawn to Princess Sultana Al’Sauds story just as I was in Princess: A Life Behind the Veil In Saudi Arabia.

Read it, you may come close to tears you too.


Prisoner of Tehran

In 1982, Marina Nemat was arrested on false charges by Iranian Revolutionary Guards and tortured in Tehran’s notorious Evin prisoner, but her own personal growth and bravery are what helped her to survive even the most horrendous situations. 

 Prisoner of Tehran is an extraordinary story of Nemat’s journey to freedom. Her story is tragic, gripping and sure to provoke your tears toward the end. It is an unforgettable memoir, it a  must-read. 


Look Beyond Words

Only 7% of your message is expressed in your words. The other 93% is in your intonation, gestures, facial expression, demeanour, clothes, hairstyle, or the gun leaning against your shoulder. Your behaviour and body language are far more expressive than what you say. And no word you utter can neutralize what you show or what your body communicates. Keep that in mind.

a Page from “Think Like a Lawyer Don’t Act Like One

Quote #7

 Life can be so difficult at times, but fighting through the pain is so worth it. It is better to feel every kind of emotion than not to feel at all. Allow yourself to feel the one thing you have been pushing away. Call a friend, be VULNERABLE, and share it with them 

Demi Lovato

Quote #6

 No two people are alike, that is what makes each and every one of us so magnificent and special. It’s human nature to judge ourselves, to judge others, and when we’re feeling insures we start comparing ourselves to other people. We think about wether someone has more money than we do, wether someone is prettier or more talented than we are. But it just doesn’t matter because that person isn’t you and they never will be. You were created exactly as you were meant to be 

Demi Lovato

Quote #4

 If you lose hope, somehow you lose the vitality that keeps moving, you lose that courage to be, that quality that helps you go on in spite of it all. And so today I still have a dream

                                                                              Martin Luther King




Quote #3

 Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat

                                                                                                   Mother Teresa



Quote #2

 This world is like a shadow: run after it and you will never be able to catch it; turn your back against it and it has no choice but to follow you

                                                Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyyah         


Quote #1


 Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover

                                                                         H. Jackson Brown, Jr.      


A Loyal Friend

Reading a new book is …

A chance to live a thousand lives before I die.

Like hopping on a flying carpet and travel to distant worlds.

A quick fix for stress and pressure of everyday life.

Like diving into a new experience anytime I want.

With reading, I may not literally “be there” but I can experience it just the same.

I am always amazed when I hear someone says, “I do not like to read!!”

I have no patience at all for people like this. None. Call me loud-mouthed or pushy, but I am totally ready to give my two cents to anyone who does not read.

                                                                           Sweet Dreams Everyone :)